Bind – Gas Safe Registered Boiler Engineers, Somerset & Wiltshire

New Boiler Installation | Boiler Servicing & Repair | Central Heating Installation | Smart Thermostats


If you’re a landlord, you know that renting out your property is not as easy as it sounds. You have to deal with a lot of paperwork, maintenance, and legal issues. But there’s one thing that you can’t afford to overlook: your property’s gas safety. That’s why you need to get a gas safety check every year for your rental property – this is also known as a CP12 Gas Certificate or Landlord Gas Safety Certificate.

We’ll explain what a CP12 Gas Certificate is, how to get a gas-safe certificate check, and what can happen if you don’t.

What is a CP12 Gas Certificate and How to Get One

A CP12 Gas Certificate is a document that shows that all the gas appliances and flues in your rental property have been checked by a qualified Gas Safe engineer and are safe to use. This certificate, also known as a Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate, is a legal requirement that proves that your gas appliances and flues are safe and compliant.

Bind’s registered Gas Safe engineer will inspect everything from the boiler to the cooker to the gas fire and make sure they are working properly and not leaking any gas or carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that can cause serious health problems or even death if inhaled.

You need to get a gas-safe certificate check every year and give a copy to your existing tenants within 28 days of the check. You also need to give a copy to any new tenants before they move in. This way, you ensure you’re meeting your legal obligations and that you are taking care of your property and your tenants’ safety.

Be on the Right Side of the Law

But what if you don’t get a landlord gas safety certificate? Well, you could be in trouble. Not only are you putting your tenants at risk of gas leaks, fires, explosions, or carbon monoxide poisoning, but you’re also breaking the law. If you fail to provide your tenants with a valid certificate, you could face legal action and be fined up to £6,000 per appliance or even go to prison in some cases.

As you can see, getting a gas safety certificate is not something you can ignore or postpone. It’s a vital part of being a responsible landlord and ensuring the safety of your tenants. By having your gas appliances and flues checked every year by a qualified engineer, you can avoid potential disasters and legal troubles.


Don’t Risk Your Property and Your Tenants’ Safety – Get a Gas Safety Check Today with Bind!

Don’t wait any longer –  If you need an expert home heating service in Somerset and Wiltshire that can provide you with fast, reliable, and affordable gas safety checks, look no further than Bind. Our local Gas Safe engineers will inspect your gas appliance and issues a gas certificate if all is on order or recommendations for any further work that may be required.

Contact us today to book your annual gas safety check and get your peace of mind! We’ll arrange an appointment with one of our qualified engineers at a time that suits you. We can also provide you with a full boiler service and gas safety certificate all at the same time.